Is the Chia Obama the Next Big Collectible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
29 replies · 4K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
219671-0-0-2.jpg


If you thought you had seen just about everything with the new president’s likeness, think again.

Joseph Enterprises has added the Chia Obama to its line of Chia Pet products.

If you’ve ever had a Chia Pet, then you know that seeds are put on the head, and water is added, producing instant green “hair.”
http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2009/01/19/daily16.html

I can see the sybolism of "green" hair. :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There is also a Barack in a box

http://www.barack-in-the-box.com/images/animated.gif
http://www.barack-in-the-box.com/

And Obama Condoms
http://www.obamacondoms.com/images/coverimge.jpg
http://www.obamacondoms.com/
 
Last edited by a moderator:


This is unfair media bias. The liberal media only gives free PR to the leftists. Don't believe me: where's the coverage of Sarah Palin brand condoms? Liberal media I tell you.
 


signerror said:
This is unfair media bias. The liberal media only gives free PR to the leftists. Don't believe me: where's the coverage of Sarah Palin brand condoms? Liberal media I tell you.

Ah, but there are the action figures.

Sarah
1%20Palin%20Super%20Hero%20SM.jpg


and Joe the Plumber
1%20Joe%20The%20Plumber%20web%20(1).jpg

http://www.herobuilders.com/08.htm
 


3 years ago a chia afro would have been labeled as racist. Once again Obama changes the world.
 


Ivan Seeking said:
and Joe the Plumber
1%20Joe%20The%20Plumber%20web%20(1).jpg
And no one knows his true identity.
 
Japanese Learn English, Thanks To Obama

(AP) Aspiring English speakers in Japan have made President Barack Obama's book of speeches and accompanying CD a national best-seller.

In Aichi, central Japan, a Buddhist monk has reportedly been playing the president's speeches during his temple service. And dozens of students in an English-language class in Tokyo have been memorizing his 2004 Democratic Convention speech to improve their understanding and pronunciation..
image4749705g.jpg

Friday, Jan. 23, 2009. (AP Photo/Itsuo Inouye)
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/23/world/main4749730.shtml
 
This thread = :smile:

I want in on this Obama industry. Maybe start with some maternity clothes in a line I'll call "Obamama."
 
Wow, i aint buying any of this crap-ola. I honestly believe people buy this to store it so in 50 years they can go on antiques road show and be like: "Its worth a million dollars wow I've struck gold!"
 
Cyrus said:
Wow, i aint buying any of this crap-ola. I honestly believe people buy this to store it so in 50 years they can go on antiques road show and be like: "Its worth a million dollars wow I've struck gold!"
One of my best friends - his mom is still investing in those little beanbag dolls - can't remember what they are called...
It is tough not to laugh at that.
 


signerror said:
This is unfair media bias. The liberal media only gives free PR to the leftists. Don't believe me: where's the coverage of Sarah Palin brand condoms? Liberal media I tell you.

Sarah Palin Condoms..."When You're Not Quite Sure Who Your Partner Has Been Palin' Around With!"
 
russ_watters said:
One of my best friends - his mom is still investing in those little beanbag dolls - can't remember what they are called...
It is tough not to laugh at that.
Beanie babies?
http://www.ty.com/BeanieBabies_home

I think a few people go a wee bit overboard with shtuff. :rolleyes:


And now, presidential action figures?


I suppose this is some kind of economic stimulus. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite so far is Ben & Jerry's "Yes Pecan" ice cream. Moo! :biggrin:

sellchangebj_540.jpg
 
jtbell said:
My favorite so far is Ben & Jerry's "Yes Pecan" ice cream. Moo! :biggrin:

I'm still looking for Baracky Road.
 
"Hope in every bowl"

http://airbedandbreakfast.s3.amazon...N] http://www.airbedandbreakfast.com/obamaos
 
Last edited by a moderator:


tribdog said:
3 years ago a chia afro would have been labeled as racist. Once again Obama changes the world.
Racist because most black people naturally have afros?
 


Mk said:
Racist because most black people naturally have afros?

It depends on what you grow.
 
If you were hoping to get your "Chia Obama" from Walgreens stores in Tampa or Chicago, you better think again. Stores in those two cities have yanked the pet plant with a likeness of the president because some shoppers found this Chia Pet racist, according to The Huffington Post...
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/features/mutts/blog/2009/04/obama_chia_pet.html

Would a Chia-Richard Simmons be racist?
 
Whos the barbarian lady? She doesn't look like Palin or any other famous politicians.
 
She looks like Ann Coulter to me.

My favorite is still the Obama soap called "Hope on a Rope".
 
Tsu said:
She looks like Ann Coulter to me.

Who, Twiggy? She may look like Coulter, but Coulter is all skin and bones.

Obama, on the other hand, appears to be accurately represented.
 
Last edited:
I saw a beer in a newspaper called the: "Audacity of Hops,” :rolleyes:.
 
http://blogs.abcnews.com/.a/6a00d8341c4df253ef011570b37106970b-800wi

ABC News correspondent Lara Setrakian finds this t-shirt being sold in Egypt that compares President Obama to King Tutankhamen, who ruled Egypt from 1333-1324 BC...
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/05/president-obama-king-tut.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking said:
Who, Twiggy? She may look like Coulter, but Coulter is all skin and bones.

It must be Coulter.

Doesn't it say Harpy of the Elephant Tower?