Is the Recent Surge in PF Traffic Linked to the Academic Season?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 2K views
pinball1970
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
3,884
Reaction score
6,216
I have noticed an increase, could be back to school weeks but just seems a little more than usual.
No hard data other than me noticing.
A good thing if correct.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
"And I looked, and behold a [new semester]: and his name that sat on him was [Physics], and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the [half] part of the [year], to kill with [assignment], and with hunger, and with [exams], and with the [graduate students] of the earth." Revelations 6:8 (modified)
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Tom.G and pinball1970
pinball1970 said:
No hard data other than me noticing.
I can say that the Mentors handled about twice the number of issues in January (so far) compared to all of December. Can we send all the students back home for some more holidays please...? :wink:
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, pinball1970 and Greg Bernhardt
Haborix said:
"And I looked, and behold a [new semester]: and his name that sat on him was [Physics], and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the [half] part of the [year], to kill with [assignment], and with hunger, and with [exams], and with the [graduate students] of the earth." Revelations 6:8 (modified)
It's "Revelation" John only had one ;)

The reason I asked was, even taking into account return to Uni lads and lassies, I noticed a newbie increase asking questions of a non uni type.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Haborix and berkeman
pinball1970 said:
It's "Revelation" John only had one ;)

The reason I asked was, even taking into account return to Uni lads and lassies, I noticed a newbie increase asking questions of a non uni type.
Maybe my modification counts as a new revelation:biggrin:? I'll stop blaspheming now.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and berkeman