Is the Velocity of the Grapple Accurate Using Jacobian's Transformation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kinfo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Velocity
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 1K views
kinfo
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello!
I have some problems with geometry/kinematics, therefore i require in your help. :nb)
I need to estimate the velocity of manipulator's grapple.
I have found one solution (with the use of Jacobian's transformation), but i don't know, right it or wrong. Let's check together :wink:
Maybe existing is an easier one, or laconic etc.
Thx!
In order:
First step. Verification of the scheme. About the xyz axes. Why y-axis isn't perpendicular with z? What is a type of coordinate system?
 
Attachments
  • man1.png
    man1.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 470
Physics news on Phys.org
kinfo said:
Why y-axis isn't perpendicular with z?

Is is perpendicular. That drawing is the best you can do with 3 perpendicular axes depicted on 2D paper.
 
anorlunda said:
Is is perpendicular. That drawing is the best you can do with 3 perpendicular axes depicted on 2D paper.
Thx. Great!
Then we can go forward)
Second step: estimate r and h.
h = L1+ L2*sinθ2+D1*cosθ2+(L3+d)*sin(θ2+θ3)+D2*sin(θ2+θ3)
r = L2*cosθ2 - D1*sinθ2+(L3+d)*cos(θ2+θ3)-D2*sin(θ2+θ3)
I don't understand, how it was deduced. Can you explain me on the aforementioned picture?
I must trace it by triangles? But how?
Thx.
 
berkeman said:
This is starting to sound like a schoolwork assignment...
No-no)
It is not schoolwork) I think, that schoolboys don't learn theoretical mechanics and Jacobian's transformation)))
I have a big problem with it, cause i have an other specialization (i can't know all :sorry:)... but i must to do it(
So, can you help me with it?

Why:
h = L1+ L2*sinθ2+D1*cosθ2+(L3+d)*sin(θ2+θ3)+D2*sin(θ2+θ3)
r = L2*cosθ2 - D1*sinθ2+(L3+d)*cos(θ2+θ3)-D2*sin(θ2+θ3)?
How i must to trace the picture? Like this?

P.S. I have a full solution, but i want to understand.
 
Attachments
  • man2.png
    man2.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 477
Last edited: