Is There a Constant Value in the AP French Equation for Singing Wine Glasses?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Perri09
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Constant Glass
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 8K views
Perri09
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone

I have been working with singing wine glasses and the A.P French equation - I was just wondering if there is a value or way to work out the value of the constant in the equation?

I have a basic understanding of physics but yeah haha...

Cheers guys
 
Physics news on Phys.org
AP French Constant

The AP French equation is very complex and I am assuming the constant that you are referring to is β (beta).

If so, the value of β can be calculated using the equation:
β=0.3-1.229x10^-4 x abs(965-density of liquid)

This equation is discussed in the document I have linked below:
http://pof.tnw.utwente.nl/wine.pdf

Hope this helps
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: alexkymberly