Is there a link between finance mathematics and number theory concepts?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter yaron123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Finance Mathematics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
yaron123
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I'm not sure to which forum my question related.

Is there a connection between models used in mathematics of finance (such as Markov property or Brownian motion) and topics related to number theory (like Zeta functions for example)?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What I know is that there are connections between random matrix theory and the zeros of functions related to the Riemann zeta function...
 
thanks,
Do you what kind of connection? any example?
 
Well, I recently attended a seminar talk about some sort of connection, the paper can be found at http://arxiv.org/abs/0902.1757" , there are probably references in it...
 
Last edited by a moderator: