Beth Doodle
- 20
- 5
I've found it very useful to be able to create your own placemarks in Google Earth and Sky. Is there a way to do something similar in Stellarium too?
Beth Doodle said:I've found it very useful to be able to create your own placemarks in Google Earth and Sky. Is there a way to do something similar in Stellarium too?
This is what you get when people are reluctant to spend 'proper money' on software. When you buy Excel or Photoshop there are very few of these little annoyances but astronomers are so used to free and open source stuff that they seem to put up with all sorts of inadequacies. I guess there just isn't the market for it to be developed.Beth Doodle said:BTW - FYI for anyone who may stumble across this in the future, I've also found out that there is currently no way to rename these custom markers. Therefore, unless a bunch of markers named Marker 1, Marker 2, Marker 3, etc. would be useful to you, using this not-ready-for-prime-time* feature won't be useful for you until it is fully developed in a future version.
*Yet another Saturday Night Live reference