Is there any evidence to suggest that there is no limit to technology?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
Maximum7
Messages
125
Reaction score
11
I am currently obsessed with futurism but I am terrified I will run out of novums to contemplate about. A novum is an idea like “FTL travel” or “Gene splicing”. I was wondering if their is any proof that their is an unlimited amount of ideas that humans can come up with. My uncle was reading Bernard Stiegler before he died and Stiegler said that technology is a law of nature and it is always progressing. I didn’t 100% buy that and I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a source that could help convince me that technological progress and ideas are unlimited.

Please provide a reliable source if you can find one.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Science and technology are not the same, and science is the one with the limits. Scientific limits can apply to technology, but their applicability is negotiable and varies. There is no limit to human creativity, so there is no ultimate limit to technological progress. The limits provided by science are specific means and methods.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja
You only need to demonstrate that there are more potential novums than any reader can keep track of.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters