Is this site related to phys.org?

• Thread starter georgir
  • Start date
Back in the days, this site was just physorg.com's forum.
It still has a "relevant posts" block linking to here. But in practice, it is trivial for any site to have such a block without any formal relationship between the two sites...

So I wonder, is it still associated with it now? Are there any common people among those responsible for the two sites' administration and development?

And if yes, a subquestion: why has phys.org deleted their old user database (maybe quite a while ago now, been some time since I tried to login there, and now I find that I can't)?

Answers and Replies

adjacent
Gold Member
georgir said:
Really? I never knew that.
Phys.org and PF have a content sharing partnership. PF provides Phys.org discussions and Phys.org provides PF with new stories.

See the "Partners" link below

It still has a "relevant posts" block linking to here. But in practice, it is trivial for any site to have such a block without any formal relationship between the two sites...

So I wonder, is it still associated with it now? Are there any common people among those responsible for the two sites' administration and development?

And if yes, a subquestion: why has phys.org deleted their old user database (maybe quite a while ago now, been some time since I tried to login there, and now I find that I can't)?
Hi georgir,

PF has always been independent. In about 2008, phys.org and PF agreed on a content partnership. We don't share any administration. Completely independent and always have been :)

cheers!

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Maybe georgir is thinking about "back in the day" when sci.physics.research used to be posted here.

Interesting...
Back when I first found it, phys.org was physorg.com, and their forums, I am not really sure, but I think were forums.physorg.com. I was with the impression that those forums became this site, but now they redirect to physforum.com (edit: and I even still have a working account for it, yay), so I guess I'm wrong.

Regardless, thank you all for the input.
"We don't share any administration. Completely independent and always have been." is a pretty clear answer.

Last edited: