Is this too many math classes for one semester?

I currently go to a community college and they only offer these math classes during the spring spring and fall semester ( not during the summer semester). I just completed calculus 2 and I was thinking I could take differential equations, multivariable calculus, and linear algebra. Anyone else take these 3 together, or recommended against it?

Answers and Replies

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
What else are you taking?

I've taken two physics courses and a math course and vice-versa a few semesters. It will be a lot of work, but it's doable.

However, the situation may change if your also planning on loading on other courses on top of these three.

it would those 3 and physics 2.

Those three classes all complement eachother in my opinion, I don't think it would be too hard, I was able to do it. Though those 3 with physics 2 would definetly be a LOT of work.

Ive decided im either going to take calculus 3 or the combo of linear algebra and differential equations. Which one do you think would be easier to go along with physics 2?

Hell I would just go for all of them!

But 1 somewhat challenging math course vs. 2..well its pretty clear which would be easier. I would think that if you got through differential equations and then took calc 3, then calc 3 would be "easy." But honestly, if you look in a diffEQ book, there are concepts that you learn in a calc 3 course in the book, so I don't really know why calc 3 isn't a prerequisite.

I knew several people that would take all three with physics 2 at once. Of course they weren't partying all the time, but it's very doable depending on the rigor of the professors.

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
That course load is doable, assuming you are serious about studying, which I assume you are, since you are posting your class schedule on Physics Forums! :smile:

It will be alot of work, especially if the professors are tough, but it's definitely possible to take these courses together.

Depending on how Calc III is taught, the classes are very harmonious with each other. I say go for it.