1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Is University of Cambridge good?

1. Aug 3, 2012 #1
    Hi,

For my undergraduate degree, I intend to study at the University of British Columbia. For my Masters and PHD I am hoping to study at Cambridge.

How good is the Physics program at Cambridge? I am interested in Particle Astrophysics. I noticed that on their website they don't (at least from what I have observed) include a section on graduate courses, unlike MIT for example. What is the system at Cambridge like?

Thanks,

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2012 #2
    Try the websites of specific departments/centres. Say, DAMTP.

Also: consider focusing on doing well throughout your undergraduate degree and then thinking about the specifics grad school.

4. Aug 6, 2012 #3
    I agree with mepris. Focus on your undergrad first before anything. Its good to plan ahead, i planned my next 5 years, but you gotta focus and do really well in your undergrad studies. Also, Have you looked into cita(canadian institute of theoretical astrophysics). I am planning on undergrad at sfu and doing some undergrad research at cita. i only know of programs in canada sorry haha

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook