Italy vs France football match predictions
- Thread starter Astronuc
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
118 replies · 13K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
DM
- 164
- 0
It's a very tough call. France has a magnificent defence barrier for Italy to try and break it down. It should be a very entertaining match.
It's personally wrong to guess who's going to win. Both teams have very good chances.
It's personally wrong to guess who's going to win. Both teams have very good chances.
Last edited:
Anttech
- 237
- 0
Italy will win, before extra time. 2:1
Italy will turn up for a change, and show the world how excelent they truly are. France will bottle it (Like they almost did against Portugal).
Thats the likely senario, and the one I want :)
BUT ZZ could forget that he is at a pensionable age throw his zimmer frame away and play like a football god again, if this happens France may do it, but the probability of this is between zero and nill and nill just left town! :D
FORZA ITALIA!
Italy will turn up for a change, and show the world how excelent they truly are. France will bottle it (Like they almost did against Portugal).
Thats the likely senario, and the one I want :)
BUT ZZ could forget that he is at a pensionable age throw his zimmer frame away and play like a football god again, if this happens France may do it, but the probability of this is between zero and nill and nill just left town! :D
FORZA ITALIA!
marlon
- 3,779
- 11
I really hope that France will win but that will depend on how devine ZZ will play. France deserves it more because Italy should not have been in the quarter finals anyhow (faul play and bad refereeing).
But in all honesty, i fear that Italy is indeed going to win the WCup. The two Italians sitting on the desks next to me (actually i sit in between them so you can imagine that we had a lot to talk about, especially because i am a Germany fan. They still tease me with their victory, well that's life no ?) are CONVINCED that Italy will win but they fear Zidane and Ribery.
We'll see, i will be in France when i see the final.
regards
marlon
But in all honesty, i fear that Italy is indeed going to win the WCup. The two Italians sitting on the desks next to me (actually i sit in between them so you can imagine that we had a lot to talk about, especially because i am a Germany fan. They still tease me with their victory, well that's life no ?) are CONVINCED that Italy will win but they fear Zidane and Ribery.
We'll see, i will be in France when i see the final.
regards
marlon
J77
- 1,092
- 1
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7189/frlarge6ny.gif
Come on France!
Come on France!
Last edited by a moderator:
Anttech
- 237
- 0
We'll see, i will be in France when i see the final.
Want to borrow my italy strip?
marlon
- 3,779
- 11
J77 said:http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7189/frlarge6ny.gif
Come on France!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
marlon
Last edited by a moderator:
Anttech
- 237
- 0
For a flem, that's a big step for you Marlon ;) well done
marlon
- 3,779
- 11
Astronuc said:Is this too fast, Marlon?![]()
OK, so it's Italy vs France.
Unfortunately yes
Who will score first?
I don't know, but i DO know who will score the most
Will it be scoreless and go to OT?
Quite likely, depending on the play of Zidane.
Haha, like the final of Euro2000... I hope the result will be the same although the match cannot evolve in the same way as back then.Will it be a non-zero tie and go to OT?
marlon
fuzzyfelt
Gold Member
- 734
- 4
Poulet de Bresse!
J77
- 1,092
- 1
I also hope the Germans stuff everyones least favourite nation...
Hawknc
- 64
- 1
All around my city, there are signs saying "Attention Italians: this is a dive-free zone". Someone was slightly bitter about the Socceroo's WC exit. 
I'm tipping a 2-1 win for France. Italy's been playing pretty well, but they've had some lucky calls...though with the referees this year, it really is anyone's guess.
I'm tipping a 2-1 win for France. Italy's been playing pretty well, but they've had some lucky calls...though with the referees this year, it really is anyone's guess.
J77
- 1,092
- 1
Trying to find the funny email I got sent of the Portuguese diving team...
For now, this will do:
http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/8672/s51portugal2kc.jpg
For now, this will do:
http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/8672/s51portugal2kc.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
Anttech
- 237
- 0
lololololol...
Science Advisor
- 365
- 88
I wouldn't have expected either of these teams to make it to the finals.
I'm thinking Zidane goes out in style with a win for France, but I'm not sure how. No one scores on Italy except for Italy. Surely we can't have a WC final decided by an own goal!
I say France wins 2-1.
I'm thinking Zidane goes out in style with a win for France, but I'm not sure how. No one scores on Italy except for Italy. Surely we can't have a WC final decided by an own goal!
I say France wins 2-1.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 22,713
- 7,804
Italy has a strong defense.
Looking at goals - Italy scored 2 times against Germany in overtime, while France got there only goal from a penalty kick at the goal.
It would seem Italy has a more likely chance of scoring against France - perhaps Italy (2) to France (1) or perhaps Italy over France (1-0).
Maybe whoever scores first will win.
I wonder the game will go to OT?
We'll have to wait.
Looking at goals - Italy scored 2 times against Germany in overtime, while France got there only goal from a penalty kick at the goal.
It would seem Italy has a more likely chance of scoring against France - perhaps Italy (2) to France (1) or perhaps Italy over France (1-0).
Maybe whoever scores first will win.
I wonder the game will go to OT?
We'll have to wait.
Kalimaa23
- 277
- 1
No comments on Germany-Portugual
?
I thought it was a great match. Plenty of fun and fluid play on either side. Germany played a great game, and Oliver Kahn showed that even at the end of his carreer he is still a wonderful goal keeper. I've enjoyed the world cup so far, but I can't help but feeling that Germany-Italy should have been the final, not a semi-final. This being said, I will still be rooting for France tomorrow
Alllez les bleus!
I thought it was a great match. Plenty of fun and fluid play on either side. Germany played a great game, and Oliver Kahn showed that even at the end of his carreer he is still a wonderful goal keeper. I've enjoyed the world cup so far, but I can't help but feeling that Germany-Italy should have been the final, not a semi-final. This being said, I will still be rooting for France tomorrow
Alllez les bleus!
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,213
- 26
I thought you were Flemish, but these comments suggest you may be from Liège?Dimitri Terryn said:I thought it was a great match. Plenty of fun and fluid play on either side. Germany played a great game, and Oliver Kahn showed that even at the end of his carreer he is still a wonderful goal keeper. I've enjoyed the world cup so far, but I can't help but feeling that Germany-Italy should have been the final, not a semi-final.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 22,713
- 7,804
Who is the fairest, Italy or France?
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060708/1/8nka.html
Kick Off Time: 20:00 (Local time in Germany)
Venue: Olympiastadion
Referee: ELIZONDO Horacio (http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/ref/38922_ELIZONDO_Horacio.html)
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060708/1/8nka.html
Kick Off Time: 20:00 (Local time in Germany)
Venue: Olympiastadion
Referee: ELIZONDO Horacio (http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/ref/38922_ELIZONDO_Horacio.html)
Last edited:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,213
- 26
I think Nadal just showed up late. He really started playing only in the second set...but back to Futbol!siddharth said:On an offtopic note, did anyone see the Wimbledon finals? Federer was awesome.
I'm off to watch the game at the local Buffalo Wild Wings big screen. I expect to run into the regular French and Italian "gangs" there.
Cyrus
- 3,246
- 17
Goal ITALIA!
Cyrus
- 3,246
- 17
Goal Italy!
EDIT: Damn. No good.
EDIT: Damn. No good.