Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

It's a bit too hard to see that a thread is locked.

1. Sep 23, 2014 #1

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is a very minor issue, but I thought I should mention it. It's a little bit too hard to see that a thread is locked. So maybe we can make it a easier. Maybe a big padlock in the title row and/or down where the reply box would have been. Or a small padlock where each reply button would have been.

Here's an example of a locked thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/when-does-1-1-2-become-false.772421/#post-4861545

At this exact moment, there's a link to this thread on the front page, because Mark44 made the last post 22 minutes ago. If you click that link, you're taken to Mark's post, and you will definitely miss the small text at the top and bottom of the page. The text "you have insufficient privileges to reply here" isn't exactly self-explanatory.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2014 #2
    Ah yes, in fact, you can even use the editor and try to post. How frustrating would that be to write a long post only to find out the thread is locked. This issue has been raised by the developers and I think it will be addressed in the next release. In the meantime, I will look for a quick solution.

4. Sep 23, 2014 #3
    I see the following message in place of the editor:

5. Sep 24, 2014 #4

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's what I see too. I think only mentors will see an editor down there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook