1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Its to late to become a good student?

1. May 21, 2010 #1
    Its to late to become a good student??

Today i had my math exam, and i hoped to get at least a 35 of 40 points, now i think i get less than 20, i am very disapointed, i like physics and math, i love solving math problems and physics are very interesting to me but i havent been a good student and my grades are bad or mediocare. So my question is, it is to late for me to become excellent in math and physics if i start puting the real effort? I am in my last school year and in 8 months i start universitie, I am planing to be a mechanical engineer.

2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2010 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Re: Its to late to become a good student??

You're almost too early to be considered a good student :rofl:

No but in reality, it's never too late to become a good student. You might have to get more realistic about your dream university, but if you plan on going to grad school, whatever university you do go to for your undergrad will be a fresh start. By the second week of college, your high school record is irrelevant.

4. May 21, 2010 #3

Never, but it gets harder as you go...

5. May 22, 2010 #4

Thanks for the info men.

6. May 22, 2010 #5

Well i should start now.

7. May 22, 2010 #6

So you can be excellent at univeristy wihtouth being excellent in high school?

8. May 22, 2010 #7

Yes, but as other posters have said, it gets harder. After all, if you don't have good study habits in high school, how are you going to suddenly acquire them in college? (You *can* acquire them... but you have to consciously work at it, not just hope things will be better somehow.)

9. May 22, 2010 #8

Well i already started studying 3 hours a day.

10. May 22, 2010 #9

About this, don't go overboard. I don't know how much you studied before but it is better to keep studying 1 hour per day and really that instead of studying 3 hours per day and quit with it after a few weeks due to frustration.

Crank up the amount of study hours slowly, you don't become a good student overnight.

11. May 22, 2010 #10

One of the best ways to become a good student is to become friends with a good student. Find yourself a good partner and some of his/her good habits will latch on to you (along with some bad habits, but good students allegedly lack those, no?)

12. May 22, 2010 #11

Acutally lately i had made friends with guys that go good in grades.

13. May 22, 2010 #12

The problem in my school is that we have like 13 asignatures, and the time for math and physics get kinda absorbed by the others.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook