Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical I've been looking at CLA products. safe to take?

1. Aug 26, 2008 #1
    I've been looking at CLA products. I was wondering if anyone knows much about them and if they are safe to take? Are there any side effects that I need to be aware of before I start taking them?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2008 #2
    Re: Cla

I totally bought some CLA the other day. I think I like it so far, but I wont' know for sure til later in the workout process. I also got some multi-vitamins, because I think I might lose some of them when working, not sure...

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? Please share....I need all the help I can get.

4. Aug 30, 2008 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Re: Cla

For those who didn't know, like me, CLA is "Conjugated Linoleic Acid". It is a trans-fatty acid, occuring in fatty meats (most abundant in Kangaroo meat!) and eggs which, oddly, appears to be an anti-oxidant and is marketed as a weight loss aid. There is some (controversial) evidence that taking high levels of CLA can inhibit the bodies use of its natural insulin.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjugated_linoleic_acid

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?