John Nash's death and legacy in game theory

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter Jameson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Nobel prize
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Jameson
Insights Author
Gold Member
MHB
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
13
John Nash died in a car crash today apparently. He was the subject of the very popular film A Beautiful Mind.

I'm not sure how much of his work is still known but I am very interested in game theory and the concept of Nash Equilibrium is still used very often in what I read.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Surely a mind not only beautiful but also great!... even if something of him leaves us perplexing, minds as its guarantee the progress of humanity!...

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$
 
There is a popular book "A Beautiful Math" published by the National Academies Press, which can be read online.
 
He was also a recipient of the Abel Prize -- One of the highest awards in mathematics.