1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just slightly burned out reading this Quantum group book

1. Sep 16, 2008 #1
    Errr... I have gotten into a graduate level course about groups. It might've been a bad decision but I felt I'm up for the challenge. I gotta read some crazy material and write a paper on it as my final grade (3 months to go). I'm currently reading this Quantum Group stuff.

Sounds interesting... but my brain has just taken too much information and I cannot really do anything right now. That thing is so abstract that I cannot think of a good example to gain intuitions... Crazy Hopf Algebras! Who exactly thought of those things?! Well, I guess Hopf.. who knows!

Anyway, it's not that I don't enjoy what I'm doing... I'm just too tired today and needed a place to rant.

Has anyone ever felt the same way? (i'm pretty sure everyone of us has)
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2008 #2
    I sort of feel like that after reading your thread. Maybe it rubbed off on me...
  4. Sep 16, 2008 #3
    Many abstract concepts look completely intractable at first glance. Just give it some time and keep working at it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?