Just testing link to specific post in any specific topic

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses various topics including the placement of a post in a forum, the use of hyperlinks, and the question of whether it is a good idea to become an ad-hoc professor for money. The latest posts in two different topics are also mentioned, along with a demonstration of how to copy and paste a link for an entire topic.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Not sure needs to be in "General" forum or not.
Just testing this hyperlink for specific posts from specific topics on the P.F.

Is it a good idea to become ad-hoc prof for the money?
The latest post right now unless changes in next few minutes: https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...d-hoc-prof-for-the-money.1002841/post-6489657

Just completed B.S in Engineering & passed my FE. What next?
The latest post right now unless changes in next few minutes: https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...g-passed-my-fe-what-next.1002657/post-6489841

Those done hoping that the link is within the titled topic.
This is just for practice.

Physics news on Phys.org
Trying one more test of showing link.
Opening a topic, highlight the address of it in the browser address bar, click to copy the highlighted link, and past the link for the entire topic.

The whole topic, "

Getting A Bachelors Instead Of Graduating HS​

"
The whole link to the titled topic: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/getting-a-bachelors-instead-of-graduating-hs.1002768/
-
I do not know what the link will show once anyone clicks on it. I will try that and see.

---

It seems to show the topic page right at the beginning, at post #1.

1. What is the purpose of "Just testing link to specific post in any specific topic"?

The purpose of "Just testing link to specific post in any specific topic" is to test the functionality of a specific link within a specific topic. This allows the user to ensure that the link works correctly and directs them to the intended post within the topic.

2. How do I create a link to a specific post in a topic?

To create a link to a specific post in a topic, you will need to first locate the post you want to link to. Then, simply copy the URL of the post and paste it into the desired location within your topic. This will create a clickable link that will direct users to the specific post.

3. Can I use "Just testing link to specific post in any specific topic" on any website?

Yes, "Just testing link to specific post in any specific topic" can be used on any website that allows for links to be created within a topic. This feature is commonly used in online forums and discussion boards.

4. How can I test if the link to a specific post is working?

To test if the link to a specific post is working, simply click on the link and see if it directs you to the intended post within the topic. If the link works correctly, it will take you directly to the post. If it does not work, you may need to double-check the URL or report the issue to the website administrator.

5. Is there a limit to how many specific post links I can create in a topic?

There is typically no limit to how many specific post links you can create in a topic. However, it is important to use them sparingly and only when necessary to avoid clutter and confusion within the topic. It is also important to make sure the links are relevant and add value to the discussion.