Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just when you thought you've seen it all

1. Feb 12, 2007 #1
    ...Bunny Steeplechase. I can't quite wrap my thick skull around the thought of people actually training a rabbit to do this. What makes it even more bizarre is that there is an organization that actually holds COMPETITIONS for this.

It's good for a quick "..aaawwwww..." or an even quicker "wiskey-tango-foxtrot?"

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNPOdffkkLo

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2007 #2
    The very last one that knocked a few things down was the cutest :smile:

I think it is funny to hear all the people cheering after that rabbit did that high jump :rofl:

4. Feb 12, 2007 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

awww. I want a bunny. I can't train my cat to do anything.

5. Feb 14, 2007 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And the competitions are incredibly tight. The final scores differ only by a hare.

...the losers get hopping mad!!!

6. Feb 14, 2007 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Since I've already shot my GPA [groan point average]...

When the scores are announced, the competitors are all ears.

7. Feb 14, 2007 #6

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Try cheese. Chester, our male cat, shows up at my side if I open a packet of cheese and he will follow me closely and climb over stuff he would normally not to stay close to the cheese.

Misty, our female, prefers yoghurt, vanilla ice cream or milk (sweetened from cereal). Most of the time, she just sits and waits patiently, and watches, but sometimes she climbs onto the lap and attempts to grab the cup or bowl one is holding.

8. Feb 14, 2007 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm...mine is trained to come running from anywhere in the house to the kitchen the moment I take her can of food out of the fridge. She plays fetch too. And, she's really good at following the command, "Get your little butt off of there!" :approve:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?