Just when you thought you've seen it all

• Thread starter Echo 6 Sierra
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of bunny steeplechase and the fact that there is an organization that holds competitions for it. The participants in the conversation find it both amusing and bizarre, with some expressing their desire to have a trained bunny and others sharing their experiences with training their own pets.
Echo 6 Sierra
...Bunny Steeplechase. I can't quite wrap my thick skull around the thought of people actually training a rabbit to do this. What makes it even more bizarre is that there is an organization that actually holds COMPETITIONS for this.

It's good for a quick "..aaawwwww..." or an even quicker "wiskey-tango-foxtrot?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNPOdffkkLo"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The very last one that knocked a few things down was the cutest :smile:

I think it is funny to hear all the people cheering after that rabbit did that high jump :rofl:

awww. I want a bunny. I can't train my cat to do anything.

Echo 6 Sierra said:
What makes it even more bizarre is that there is an organization that actually holds COMPETITIONS for this.

And the competitions are incredibly tight. The final scores differ only by a hare.

...the losers get hopping mad!

Since I've already shot my GPA [groan point average]...

When the scores are announced, the competitors are all ears.

Math Is Hard said:
I can't train my cat to do anything.
Try cheese. Chester, our male cat, shows up at my side if I open a packet of cheese and he will follow me closely and climb over stuff he would normally not to stay close to the cheese.

Misty, our female, prefers yoghurt, vanilla ice cream or milk (sweetened from cereal). Most of the time, she just sits and waits patiently, and watches, but sometimes she climbs onto the lap and attempts to grab the cup or bowl one is holding.

Math Is Hard said:
awww. I want a bunny. I can't train my cat to do anything.

Hmm...mine is trained to come running from anywhere in the house to the kitchen the moment I take her can of food out of the fridge. She plays fetch too. And, she's really good at following the command, "Get your little butt off of there!" :approve:

1. How can someone really think they've seen it all?

As humans, we have a limited perspective and are constantly learning and experiencing new things. Just when we think we've seen it all, something new comes along that challenges our beliefs and perceptions.

2. Is there anything that truly surprises you anymore?

As a scientist, I am always open to new discoveries and am constantly surprised by the complexity and diversity of the world around us. Just when I think I understand something, new evidence or research emerges that changes my perspective.

3. Can we ever truly know everything?

No, there will always be more to learn and discover. As our knowledge and technology advances, we are able to uncover new information and expand our understanding of the world.

4. How do you handle the feeling of "seen it all" in your field of study?

I embrace the feeling of "seen it all" as a challenge to push the boundaries of my knowledge and continue to learn and grow as a scientist. It also reminds me to stay open-minded and not become complacent in my thinking.

5. What advice do you have for those who feel like they've seen it all in life?

My advice would be to keep an open mind and continue exploring new things. There is always something new to learn and experience, and life is too short to limit ourselves to what we think we already know.