Justin Bieber profile picture for staff members

• Thread starter PWiz
  • Start date
In summary: well, you know...Anyway, the staff has been given new avatars, but not everybody sees the same avatar. It basically works like this: the avatar you see is related to the webpages you visit. So just like ads, if you search for boats a lot, then you will see an avatar of a boat. This move has been done in order to make the staff more approachable and friendly. I hope you enjoy the (apparently for you) bieber avatar!
PWiz
I don't know if this is just happening with me or if it has something to do with 1st April, but the display picture for all staff members has turned into a Justin Bieber "heart" image for me. If this is purposeful, I must confess that it has done its job in annoying me to a great extent :mad:

Physics news on Phys.org
Nope, I don't see anything wrong with their avatars. It must be something on your end - probably those Korean hackers are at it again.
You can trust me. Why would I lie on a day like this?

Likes ProfuselyQuarky and PWiz
Yes, the staff has been given new avatars. But not everybody sees the same avatar. It basically works like this: the avatar you see is related to the webpages you visit. So just like ads, if you search for boats a lot, then you will see an avatar of a boat. This move has been done in order to make the staff more approachable and friendly. I hope you enjoy the (apparently for you) bieber avatar!

Likes adjacent, Amrator, Borg and 7 others
PWiz, it's an April Fools Day act. I'm sure we'll see the normal avatars come tomorrow.

StatGuy2000 said:
PWiz, it's an April Fools Day act. I'm sure we'll see the normal avatars come tomorrow.
Don't test me :biggrin:

Likes dlgoff
StatGuy2000 said:

I hope tomorrow never comes:oldfrown:

Lisa! said:
I hope tomorrow never comes:oldfrown:
But I want it to come faster. Want to work with some time dilation?

PWiz said:
But I want it to come faster. Want to work with some time dilation?
I just like the new avatar of staff members!:approve:

micromass said:
It basically works like this: the avatar you see is related to the webpages you visit.
Oh. So that explains why I'm seeing your Functional Analysis avatar. :approve:

The amazing thing is that all mentors and admin has Bieber avatar coming only when they write.

But clicking on their name, the popup would have previous avatar.

Also if we look for online members and forums they would have previous avatars.

@Raghav Gupta I'm forced to look at his face everytime I'm typing in a thread where the last post was by a staff member. It wouldn't be so bad if it was the other way round.

Just put a hand over his face , to not see him. :smile:
If you don't want your hands to be dirty by covering his face, put a opaque paper.:biggrin:

Likes PWiz
The best April fools joke so far is still the CERN one from last year:

PWiz said:
@Raghav Gupta I'm forced to look at his face everytime I'm typing in a thread where the last post was by a staff member. It wouldn't be so bad if it was the other way round.
At least you have a chance to be active in threads where no staff member posts!

Likes PWiz
Raghav Gupta said:
The amazing thing is that all mentors and admin has Bieber avatar coming only when they write.

But clicking on their name, the popup would have previous avatar.

Also if we look for online members and forums they would have previous avatars.
It wouldn't take much code to change whatever is addressing an avatar so that it addresses some different image,
and this could selectively be done depending on user status.
The real avatars remain in the DB unaffected.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
One unintended side effect -- when Mentors or Staff help a 1-post newbie member in the Homework Help forums, the newbie is probably saying "What in the world is wrong with this person?!" LOL :smile:

Likes dlgoff
dlgoff said:
And here I was expecting hear about Faster-than-light neutrinos. :oldgrumpy:
They already used that one four years ago, they just missed April 1 by roughly 6 months. :-p

Likes Nugatory and dlgoff
Orodruin said:
They already used that one four years ago, they just missed April 1 by roughly 6 months. :-p
It's been four years?

I'm always learning something here. Thanks.

dlgoff said:
It's been four years?

Well, three and a half ... ;)

So now finally all the impostors of Bieber have come again to their normal state.
May any mentor or admin tell me that what was the fooling part in choosing a Bieber avatar on April Fool's Day?o_O

We should ask Greg to make it permanent.

Likes Lisa! and Greg Bernhardt
I wonder how the mentors felt while carrying that guy's avatar...

PWiz said:
Let us just say that my therapist is going to be a rich man.

Likes dlgoff, DennisN and PWiz
PWiz said:

I'm sure they loved it. Year-round Bieber, everybody!

Vanadium 50 said:
I'm sure they loved it. Year-round Bieber, everybody!
NOOOOOOOOOO.........
yer mad. yer all mad for doin' such a hideous thing.
runs and hides under a pillow.

1. Who is Justin Bieber?

Justin Bieber is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and actor. He rose to fame in the late 2000s with hit songs such as "Baby" and has become one of the best-selling music artists of all time.

2. Why would staff members have a Justin Bieber profile picture?

Staff members may have a Justin Bieber profile picture as a personal preference or to show their support for the artist. It could also be used as a way to connect with others who are fans of Justin Bieber.

3. Is it common for staff members to have a celebrity profile picture?

It is not uncommon for staff members to have a celebrity profile picture, as it allows them to express their interests and personalities. However, it ultimately depends on the company's policies and culture.

4. Does having a Justin Bieber profile picture affect a staff member's professionalism?

Having a Justin Bieber profile picture should not affect a staff member's professionalism, as long as it is appropriate and respectful. It is important for staff members to maintain a level of professionalism in their work regardless of their personal interests.

5. Are there any potential consequences for staff members having a Justin Bieber profile picture?

Depending on the company's policies and culture, there may be consequences for staff members having a Justin Bieber profile picture. It is important for staff members to be aware of their company's guidelines and to use discretion when choosing a profile picture.