Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kamehameha explained?

1. Sep 3, 2015 #1
    I was hooked to see nobody did this before me , so , im gonna go on and say it .
    As most of you guys know , kamehameha is one of the most iconic moves in the dragon ball series . After that I took a look at a video in the game theory channel ( I do not own the channel nor the video ) , I was hooked to know that the move could be real !
    I thought that maybe it could be true so I want to know your ideas or any new ideas of how the moves in the anime are possible !
    Here is the video :

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2015 #2

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

I don't get the point of this. It's a fictional magic system, it should be explained in in-universe terms. It's not plasma, saying it is plasma creates more problems than it solves.

4. Sep 3, 2015 #3

blue_leaf77

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I am honestly thinking that this guy on the video is just making another science fiction of its kind by force-explaining sci-fi with our physics.

5. Sep 3, 2015 #4

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Kamehameha was the last king of Hawaii. How did his name get connected with a video game?

6. Sep 3, 2015 #5
    Um yea .... dragon ball is not a video game ... it's an anime

7. Sep 4, 2015 #6
    Yea , sorry , it was film theory ... im really sorry ... the both channels are made by the same guy and I got dazzled ...

8. Sep 4, 2015 #7
    It was somewhat explained in dragonball, it's 'spiritual' energy aka KI, but it can be concentrated to make it explosive. It's also how the dragonball guys fly, they propel themselves by expelling their ki from their bodies and ride a wave of it.

Goku in dragonball is based on the Monkey King character from Journey to the West, among many other legends in the region.

9. Sep 4, 2015 #8
    Well then , what's ki ? I think it's actually what film theory says , the electric potential of our bodies . We focus it and heat up the gas to make plasma , and then shoot it out ! But one thing for sure , I don't know how the electric potential could make them do other stuff , flying , as one of them ...

10. Sep 4, 2015 #9

blue_leaf77

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You know everything's possible in sci-fi.

11. Sep 4, 2015 #10

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

Ki or Qi is not a real phenomenon. Trying to explain it in real terms is pointless. The show uses a fictional magic system that should be appreciated for its own merits and internal consistency. Trying to explain it is pointless because it has no realistic basis. I see no reason for this thread to continue.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook