Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

King Tut "Irreversibly Damaged" by Botched Repair

1. Jan 23, 2015 #1
    http://io9.com/king-tuts-burial-mask-has-been-irreversibly-damaged-1681085211

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2015 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

So long as everyone calms down and documents what did and did not happen, the provenance has NOT been affected. Lie, fib, and cover up, and posterity will have many rude things to say.

4. Jan 23, 2015 #3
    Nowhere else on the internet could offer so many insights and mindful reports like does PF. I'm lovin' it! Please keep us informed. :D (I'm so excited now). Thank you PF's top-notch, excellent scientists!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  5. Jan 23, 2015 #4
    I actually saw the original King Tut exhibit in the 70's when I was a kid, in Los Angeles. It was really cool. These beautifully crafted sculptures many of which were made out of solid gold. I do remember that. Also, these kind of hybrid human-animal forms. Pretty trippy for a ten year old.

6. Jan 23, 2015 #5

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

But King Tut is still dead, right?

7. Jan 23, 2015 #6

DaveC426913

Gold Member

And do you recall me telling you not to play with your yo-yo right there?

8. Jan 24, 2015 #7
    Anybody who has ever visited the chaotic mess that is the Cairo Museum will not be in any way surprised.

9. Jan 24, 2015 #8
    That's a great idea. Let's use epoxy on a relic that has a lot of cultural meaning across the world to save our butts because if they realize we broke it while cleaning we are done for. We are done for too if they realize we used epoxy, but by then we will be far away. Besides, they wanted to save money. They get what they pay. It's not our fault.

-Internet Secret Technique: Sarcasm!
    Internet Secret Technique: Sarcasm! is a very useful technique on the realms of the internet that converts all or some of the text above its invocation into sarcasm.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook