1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Laptop to be used in Aeronautics Engineering degree

1. Aug 2, 2012 #1
    In the end of September I will be starting my MSc in Aeronautics and since my laptop has stopped working, I will be needing a new one.

Is there a laptop that most suits my specific course? Or engineering in general?

I had a laptop in mind because it looked pretty good at first sight, but I don't understand much about laptops: Samsung 53OU3B-A03

I also thought about changing over to mac but I don't feel like getting used to a new system and pay an absurd amount of money (unless it gives me some sort of help in terms of my degree).

Also keep in mind that I'll most likely be exchanging data and documents with other students.

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2012 #2
    Honestly, you probably don't even need a computer. Most universities have TONS of computers to use.

If you do want one, it probably still doesn't matter what you choose.

My advice for general computer purchasing: decide how much you're willing to spend, go on slickdeals.net and search the forums for laptops. There are very good deals there, and people will be discussing/critiqueing each suggestion.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook