Latex mathbb with number does not show correctly

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter jk22
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, The mathbb command only works with uppercase letters and can be solved by using the bbm package and the mathbbm command or the dsfont package and the mathds command. Other font options can also be found on page 68 of The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List.
jk22
I tried the following with amssymb

\mathbb{1234567890}

and it gave the following result : symbols but not the usual numbers ??

Attachments

• example.pdf
    6.1 KB · Views: 350
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, the mathbb command as defined in the amsfonts package (probably amssymb as well) only works with uppercase letters. It's using the wrong font, basically.

You could solve this by using the bbm package and then using the mathbbm command (it is defined for both upper and lower case letters, as well as numbers). Some people (not me) instead prefer using the dsfont package (stands for doublestroke) and then using the mathds command. I don't think those fonts are defined for lower case letters though. There are of course more options, should you need them. Look at page 68 in The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List for a selection of fonts.

1. Why is my latex mathbb number not showing correctly?

The most common reason for this issue is that the mathbb font is not properly installed or configured on your computer. Make sure you have the correct font package installed and that your latex compiler is set to use it.

2. How do I fix the issue of my latex mathbb number not showing correctly?

To fix this issue, you may need to reinstall the mathbb font package or configure your latex compiler to use a different font. You can also try using a different mathbb font package to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Is there a specific code or syntax I need to use for displaying mathbb numbers correctly?

Yes, there is a specific code you need to use in order to display mathbb numbers correctly. Make sure you are using the correct command, which is usually \mathbb{number}, and that the number is enclosed in curly braces.

4. Why are my mathbb numbers showing up as letters or symbols instead of numbers?

This could be due to a few different reasons, such as using the wrong font or not enclosing the number in curly braces. Double check your code and make sure you are using the correct font and syntax for displaying mathbb numbers.

5. Can I use mathbb numbers in both inline and display equations?

Yes, you can use mathbb numbers in both inline and display equations. Just make sure you are using the correct syntax for the type of equation you are writing. Inline equations use a single dollar sign, while display equations use double dollar signs.