Legal status of persons without a birth certificate

• Thread starter DirkMan
  • Start date
In summary: I thought you were asking about people who had no birth certificate or any kind of I.D. So, actually all you wanted to know was the legal status of people who live here but aren't citizens.
DirkMan
What is the legal status of persons without a birth certificate and any kind of ID ?

Physics news on Phys.org
DirkMan said:
What is the legal status of persons without a birth certificate and any kind of ID ?
You mean it doesn't exist or you simply don't have a copy on hand?

The papers don't exist. There isn't any record of their birth, and have absolutely no papers. And at least in my country, there are quite a lot of them.

DirkMan said:
The papers don't exist. There isn't any record of their birth, and have absolutely no papers. And at least in my country, there are quite a lot of them.
What country? That is greatly relevant.

In Eastern Europe. I was asking more about the people in America, cause apparently the people in my country who arent registered at birth and have no papers, they arent citizens of this country.

DirkMan said:
In Eastern Europe. I was asking more about the people in America, cause apparently the people in my country who arent registered at birth and have no papers, they arent citizens of this country.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/secondary-evidence.html [Broken]

Last edited:
Ok, but I'm asking about the legal status before they present any kind of evidence, that is if they have evidence or want to present evidence.

DirkMan said:
Theoretically unchanged. Your rights (in theory) are not derived from having paperwork done properly, but from being a citizen. Of course to prove that you are citizen...

For all practical reasons, this answer is country specific.

I think in the U.S., at this time, a person who was born here but had no documentation of it would be an extreme rarity.

DirkMan said:
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/02/new-york-city-non-citizens-local-elections

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/us-national.html

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/legal-considerations/us-citizenship-laws-policies/certificates-of-non-citizen-nationality.html

So there really are quite a lot of them and they're called non-citizens. Interesting.
I thought you were asking about people who had no birth certificate or any kind of I.D. So, actually all you wanted to know was the legal status of people who live here but aren't citizens.

1. What is a birth certificate and why is it important?

A birth certificate is an official document that records the details of a person's birth, including their name, date and place of birth, and their parents' names. It is considered an important legal document as it serves as proof of a person's identity and citizenship, and is often required for various legal and administrative purposes.

2. Can a person exist without a birth certificate?

Yes, it is possible for a person to exist without a birth certificate. In some cases, a person may not have a birth certificate due to being born at home or in a remote location where birth registration is not easily accessible. Additionally, certain individuals, such as refugees or those who have been adopted, may not have a birth certificate due to their unique circumstances.

3. What is the legal status of a person without a birth certificate?

The legal status of a person without a birth certificate may vary depending on the country or state they are in. In some places, not having a birth certificate may limit a person's access to certain rights and services, such as education, healthcare, and employment. However, it is important to note that every person has basic human rights regardless of their birth certificate status.

4. How can a person without a birth certificate obtain legal status?

The process for obtaining legal status without a birth certificate may vary depending on the individual's circumstances and the laws of their country. In some cases, individuals may be able to obtain a delayed birth certificate or a court order to establish their identity and legal status. It may also be possible to apply for citizenship through alternative documentation or through a naturalization process.

5. What are the potential challenges faced by persons without a birth certificate?

Persons without a birth certificate may face a number of challenges, including limited access to education, healthcare, and employment opportunities. They may also face difficulties when trying to prove their identity, apply for government services, or travel internationally. In some cases, they may also face discrimination or be denied certain rights due to their lack of a birth certificate.