Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Legal status of persons without a birth certificate

1. May 26, 2015 #1
    What is the legal status of persons without a birth certificate and any kind of ID ?

2. jcsd
  3. May 26, 2015 #2
    You mean it doesn't exist or you simply don't have a copy on hand?

4. May 26, 2015 #3
    The papers dont exist. There isnt any record of their birth, and have absolutely no papers. And at least in my country, there are quite a lot of them.

5. May 26, 2015 #4
    What country? That is greatly relevant.

6. May 26, 2015 #5
    In Eastern Europe. I was asking more about the people in America, cause apparently the people in my country who arent registered at birth and have no papers, they arent citizens of this country.

7. May 26, 2015 #6
    http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/secondary-evidence.html [Broken]

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  8. May 26, 2015 #7
    Ok, but I'm asking about the legal status before they present any kind of evidence, that is if they have evidence or want to present evidence.

9. May 26, 2015 #8
    Theoretically unchanged. Your rights (in theory) are not derived from having paperwork done properly, but from being a citizen. Of course to prove that you are citizen...

For all practical reasons, this answer is country specific.

10. May 26, 2015 #9
    I think in the U.S., at this time, a person who was born here but had no documentation of it would be an extreme rarity.

11. May 26, 2015 #10
  12. May 26, 2015 #11
    I thought you were asking about people who had no birth certificate or any kind of I.D. So, actually all you wanted to know was the legal status of people who live here but aren't citizens.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook