Lego Masters: Scientists Who Use Lego Bricks for Models/Play

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheQuietOne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Lego Masters

How many of y'all use Lego Bricks?


  • Total voters
    6
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 2K views
TheQuietOne
Messages
61
Reaction score
6
I grew up with Lego Bricks and know they make for great models. Always wondered how many scientists use Lego Bricks? (Even just to play/build with them)?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
For an introductory robotics subject at my university we used lego to build a couple of autonomous robots : ). Lego definitely has its advantages in situations like this. No need to have actual parts sourced from various places etc.
 
I have gotten Lego Bricks for my b-day as long as I can remember, in fact, as far as I can remember all the Lego sets I ever remember getting were Star Wars.
 
As an aspiring young ninja I would deploy my caltrops in a haphazard, yet thorough, manner.
 
I only had one original Lego in my life because it used to be extremely expensive and only few kids had it.
It was a tiny set for building a beach house. There were also palms and a boat. I liked it but was a bit disappointed because there were not many bricks to build with.
 
Ha! I'm 15 but I still can't help playing with legos sometimes. I used to have the sets, but figured that designing my own was even better. I believe that my masterpiece was a mansion that I built that included a kitchen with an island, oven that opened, and fridge; a living room with a fire place, grand piano, and working sliding door entrance to the backyard (which had a garden and seesaw); a bathroom with a tiled shower, toilet, and sink; two bedrooms that both had desks with swivel chairs and balconies (one also had a bunk bed with ladder); and a garage that opened like a real one with a workshop area and car.

But then it was destroyed by giant house-breaking monsters (i.e. siblings). Good times :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia
My masterpeice was a Benny Spaceship that I turned into a pirate ship w\ propeller
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
Didn't last long
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky