1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Letter of Rec 2 years after doing research with a prof?

1. Jul 10, 2014 #1
    By the time I apply for PhD's, it will have been 2 years since I did my REU over the summer in a plasma physics lab. Do you think the Prof will still remember me at all and/or be able to write a letter for me? He has already written me letters for other stuff so I know he'd probably be willing to write one, but after 2 years I don't know if he'll even remember enough about me to write anything substantial.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2014 #2
    Then you should remind him! Give him the highlights of your experience and send him your CV/resume. Also, he should have a copy of the old letters still, he can use those to refresh his memory.

4. Jul 10, 2014 #3
    Thanks, I will definitely do that. Maybe I can write up a little bio about the summer and what I did to refresh his memory.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook