Letter of Rec 2 years after doing research with a prof?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hercuflea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Research Years
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Hercuflea
Messages
593
Reaction score
49
By the time I apply for PhD's, it will have been 2 years since I did my REU over the summer in a plasma physics lab. Do you think the Prof will still remember me at all and/or be able to write a letter for me? He has already written me letters for other stuff so I know he'd probably be willing to write one, but after 2 years I don't know if he'll even remember enough about me to write anything substantial.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Then you should remind him! Give him the highlights of your experience and send him your CV/resume. Also, he should have a copy of the old letters still, he can use those to refresh his memory.
 
ModusPwnd said:
Then you should remind him! Give him the highlights of your experience and send him your CV/resume. Also, he should have a copy of the old letters still, he can use those to refresh his memory.

Thanks, I will definitely do that. Maybe I can write up a little bio about the summer and what I did to refresh his memory.