Liquid ice cream tastes pretty good

• Thread starter EnumaElish
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ice Liquid
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of liquid ice cream and why it is not widely marketed. The speaker mentions the idea of selling it as "nice cream" and reducing sugar content as the temperature increases. They also mention that liquid ice cream is often sold frozen for longer shelf life and some people forget to defrost it. The conversation also brings up the similarity of liquid ice cream and milkshakes.
EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I discovered this by accident and decided to duly inform the scientific community. Same great taste without the hassle (or the cold); it's faster & easier to consume (e.g. during the commute), so the question is, why isn't it marketed widely?

Physics news on Phys.org
Surely if its not frozen its technically not 'ice' cream.

If manufacturing (or marketing) was my thing I would sell it as "nice cream."

Well, there are a few similar products; frappuccino for one.

As the temperature increases you would reduce the sugar content to balance the sweetness. How the taste buds pick up signals is a function of temperature, I've heard.

Here's something on it, though it hardly needs support.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7100291"

Last edited by a moderator:
ummmm, isn't liquid ice cream the same as a milkshake?

EnumaElish said:
the question is, why isn't it marketed widely?

Liquid ice cream is sold all over, however it's perishable so it's typically sold frozen to increase its shelf life. An alarming amount of people seem to forget to defrost it.

Last edited:
matthyaouw said:
Liquid ice cream is sold all over, howeverit's perishable so it's typically sold frozen to increase its shelf life. An alarming amount of people seem to forget to defrost it.

:rofl:

I do not care for melted ice cream; it's kind of hard to keep it from dripping out of the bottom of the cone. But if you really love the stuff, places that sell soft ice cream get it in liquid form to pour into those machines that freeze and whip it.

1. Is liquid ice cream safe to consume?

Yes, liquid ice cream is safe to consume as long as it has been properly stored and is within its expiration date. However, it is important to note that liquid ice cream may contain raw eggs or unpasteurized dairy products, so it may not be safe for individuals with compromised immune systems.

2. How is liquid ice cream different from regular ice cream?

Liquid ice cream is essentially regular ice cream that has been melted down. This may change the texture and consistency of the ice cream, making it more liquid-like. However, the flavor and ingredients should remain the same.

3. Can I freeze liquid ice cream again?

Yes, you can freeze liquid ice cream again. However, the texture and consistency may change once it has been refrozen. It is best to consume liquid ice cream when it is freshly melted.

4. Why does liquid ice cream taste good?

Liquid ice cream tastes good because it is made with high-quality ingredients, such as cream, sugar, and flavorings. These ingredients create a delicious and creamy taste that is enjoyed by many.

5. Can I use liquid ice cream for other desserts?

Yes, liquid ice cream can be used in various dessert recipes, such as milkshakes, floats, and even as a topping for cakes and pies. Its liquid form makes it easier to incorporate into other dishes and create unique flavor combinations.