Liquid ocean in Uranus and Neptune

In summary, there are no oceans of liquid water in Uranus or Neptune, as they are gas planets. However, there is a large quantity of water in both Neptune and Uranus, and you can only find them at their cores.
SpaceGuy50
Are there oceans of liquid water in Uranus and Neptune? I remember once reading that there were.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
There is no liquid water in Uranus because uranus is a gas planet but I am not sure about Neptune

Pleas let me correct myself there is a large quantity of water in both Neptune and Uranus but u cn only find them at their cores.
As both planets are far away from the sun the waters are frozen and mixed with loads of different gases.

There are certainly no oceans of liquid water on either planet, at least not oceans in the conventional sense. The mantle of those planets probably contains some H2O, but in a kind of slurry - it would be under extreme temperatures and pressures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus

The ice mantle is not in fact composed of ice in the conventional sense, but of a hot and dense fluid consisting of water, ammonia and other volatiles.[8][55] This fluid, which has a high electrical conductivity, is sometimes called a water–ammonia ocean

so both planets are gas planets?

This fluid, which has a high electrical conductivity, is sometimes called a water–ammonia ocean.[56] The bulk compositions of Uranus and Neptune are very different from those of Jupiter and Saturn, with ice dominating over gases, hence justifying their separate classification as ice giants.

The total mass of ice in Uranus's interior is not precisely known, as different figures emerge depending on the model chosen; however, it must be between 9.3 and 13.5 Earth masses.[8][54] Hydrogen and helium constitute only a small part of the total, with between 0.5 and 1.5 Earth masses.[8] The remainder of the mass (0.5 to 3.7 Earth masses) is accounted for by rocky material.[8]

Granpa, if you are going to plagiarize Wikipedia, it looks better if you remove the pointers to the now non-existent references.

if I were plagerizing it don't you think that I woud have removed them. nor would I have given the link to the article itself in post 5

1. What is the evidence for a liquid ocean in Uranus and Neptune?

Scientists have observed that both Uranus and Neptune have magnetic fields, which indicate the presence of a conductive fluid. This fluid is likely a liquid ocean beneath their thick atmospheres.

2. How deep is the liquid ocean in Uranus and Neptune?

The exact depth of the liquid ocean in Uranus and Neptune is unknown, but it is estimated to be several thousand kilometers deep. The depth may also vary depending on factors such as temperature and pressure.

3. What is the composition of the liquid ocean in Uranus and Neptune?

The liquid ocean in Uranus and Neptune is thought to be composed of a mixture of water, ammonia, and methane. The exact proportions of these components may vary throughout the ocean.

4. How does the liquid ocean affect the overall structure of Uranus and Neptune?

The presence of a liquid ocean in Uranus and Neptune is thought to play a significant role in their overall structure. The ocean may contribute to the planet's magnetic field, as well as affect the flow and composition of the atmosphere and interior structure.

5. Is there any possibility of life in the liquid ocean of Uranus and Neptune?

While it is possible that some form of microbial life may exist in the liquid ocean of Uranus and Neptune, it is currently unknown. The extreme conditions, such as extreme cold and lack of sunlight, make it unlikely for complex life forms to exist. Further research and exploration may provide more insight into the potential for life in these oceans.