(Locked out if Feedback Forum, posting here) Renewing Membership question

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
In summary: So if you choose to renew, it will just add the time on, and you will still have to go through the sign up process again.I see. So, if I choose to renew my subscription, it will just add another year onto my current subscription?Yes, that is correct.
Saladsamurai
Simple question: If I renew my membership today, before my existing subscription expires, will my newer subscription expire a year from today? Or will it wait until my current one expires and then start my new year? That is, will I be gypping myself by renewing early?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
As far as I remember I was not gypped when I renewed early. (No promises though.:smile:)

Why not just do the 5 year thing its cheaper, and PF is worth it?

binzing said:
Why not just do the 5 year thing its cheaper, and PF is worth it?

:smile: I plan on it. Either way the question still stands.

Sooooo... Does anyone actually know the answer to this question?:smile:

Moving to Feedback so maybe Greg can answer.. Saladsamurai, we'll check periodically for your posts. There is a glitch right now where some posts go into a queue instead of appearing. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I've done it before, so can answer your question. If you renew early, it just adds the time on, it doesn't start immediately. So, for example, if your contributor period ends in October and you renew now for another year, you'll be good until next October, not next August.

Sweet! Thanks Moonbear!

This message is on the Upgrade page: Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.
Not sure what validity periods mean since I didn't see any plans with a "*".

dlgoff said:
This message is on the Upgrade page: Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.
Not sure what validity periods mean since I didn't see any plans with a "*".

I think that was a PayPal option to automatically renew every year. I think most people skip that option and choose to renew manually instead.

This * option is confusing, I have seen it too.

Borek said:
This * option is confusing, I have seen it too.

Neither of the subscriptions are recurring.

1. What is the process for renewing my membership to the Feedback Forum?

The process for renewing your membership to the Feedback Forum is simple. Log into your account and navigate to the "Membership" section. There you will find an option to renew your membership. Follow the prompts and make the necessary payment to complete the renewal process.

2. How long does my membership last before I need to renew?

Your membership to the Feedback Forum lasts for one year from the date of your initial registration. After one year, you will need to renew your membership to continue accessing the forum and its features.

3. Can I renew my membership early?

Yes, you can renew your membership to the Feedback Forum at any time before it expires. Simply follow the same process as you would for a regular renewal, and your membership will be extended for another year from the date of your current expiration.

4. What happens if I forget to renew my membership before it expires?

If you forget to renew your membership to the Feedback Forum before it expires, your access to the forum and its features will be temporarily suspended. You will need to renew your membership and make any necessary payments to reactivate your account.

5. Is there a fee for renewing my membership?

Yes, there is a fee for renewing your membership to the Feedback Forum. The fee is the same as the initial registration fee and helps to cover the costs of maintaining the forum and its features. You will be prompted to make the necessary payment during the renewal process.