Looking for a book on the effects of orbits on celestial observations

  • Topic: Astronomy 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Frabjous
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 2K views
Frabjous
Gold Member
Messages
1,978
Reaction score
2,445
I am interested in finding a book on effects of orbits that a college sophomore/junior in physics would appreciate. The kinds of specific topics I am interested in include:
1) position of the sun in the sky
2) lunar phases
3) retrograde planetary motion
4) the seasons
5) constellation movement
6) tidal coupling/locking
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You may find some classic books of your taste at "Books in Astronomy" in Project Gutenberg, free, though I am not good at astronomy.
 
Kutner and Karttunen are astronomy books for physics majors
 
I ended up ordering a used copy of Astronomy by Baker. Thanks for all of the suggestions.
 
  • Agree
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander and berkeman