1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for 'Engineering Case Studies'

1. Jun 20, 2011 #1
    I am looking for a very resourceful case study which would include changes the company has made in order to improve itself. I am trying to focus on Engineering Companies which design, manufacture and upgrade renewable energy related components such as turbines and solar panels. Websites of any Engineering related case studies will surely give me some idea of where to look. Prehaps there are websites full of these as I'm sure it would be a very beneficial resource and would be shocked if there is not piles of knowledge neatly organized some where.

Hope someone can help, Thank You.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2011 #2
    Try this link for a start:
    http://www.aciltasman.com.au/economic-case-studies [Broken]

You may note that "Engineering Case Studies" are essentially economic case studies- ie. if a company does such and such what will be the return on investment over so many years. Such and such can be anything from re-tooling a plant, building a new plant, investing in or acquiring new technology, acquisitions, research, new products -- the list goes on and on.

The link may not be what you are looking for but it should give some new ideas on what and where to expand your search.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  4. Jun 21, 2011 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I don't know if this helps, but this is a fairly new solar energy company here in Silicon Valley:

http://www.solyndra.com/

Maybe some info at their website can be of help.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook