1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for Engineering Books (Chemical, Mechanical, Electric)

1. Jun 5, 2009 #1
    I'm a physics student with a very strong background in math. Most of my courses up to this point have been highly theoretical, and include your standard advanced courses in QM, EM, and thermal - with organic, inorganic, analytical, and biological chemistry. The applications however, have been nonexistant, so I'd like to pick up a few engineering books to see some of this theory in action. I am looking for standard books that teach the theoretical and forumlaic aspects of engineering, particularly in mechanic and chemical. I seen my friends "engineering mechanics" text and they were doing things with rotational tensors and stress/strain formulas I have never seen in my classical mechanics class. Heat transfer also sounds like an interesting subject, this was very briefly covered in thermal. Lastly, how are the schaums guides for this purpose?

Thank you in advance.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted