1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Looking for great sequential logic text

1. Jan 17, 2015 #1
    Hi, I have been through Alan Clements' Principles of Computer Hardware along with some online texts. I would like to purchase a comprehensive text on Sequential Logic at the undergraduate level. Having never studied this topic formally at university, I'm not sure how to discriminate between a good and bad book. Any recommendations?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Jan 23, 2015 #3
    My goals mostly involve simple embedded systems, such as robotic sensors and computer/sensor interfaces. I would like to learn techniques at the logic gate level for these purposes and get into CPLA hardware programming (like the Xilinx Cool-runner II). I know sequential logic and VHDL/Verilog are different things, but I feel like I have a weakness with sequential logic I need to address through rigorous study (before I jump into VHDL).

5. Mar 10, 2015 #4
    Try Floyd 10th edition digital fundamentals

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted