Looking for calm music with good melodies and meaningful lyrics

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sophia
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Music
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
Sophia
Messages
112
Reaction score
554
So I'd like to listen to some music but the fact is I only know a few interprets. I've never been a music fan but I feel like listening to some damn good music when I get home this evening.
I'm looking for something with a nice melody, easy to listen to, but also meaningful words. It would be great if the singer had a special, uncommon kind of voice. But that is not obligatory :-)
It can also be modern instrumental.
General mood should be calm or joyful, not depressing or aggressive. It can be pop-ish or rock-ish. I'm not against melodic metal either.
Any language is fine.
Any ideas?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well I'll always recommend Pink Floyd for relaxing: Dark Side of the Moon, Animals, and Wish You Were Here are excellent albums.

I find blues to be pretty chill music as well. Eat a Peach by The Allman Brothers or Couldn't Stand the Weather by Stevie Ray Vaughan, for example.

Finally, if you're feeling a little jazzy or experimental, try Kind of Blue or B?tches Brew by Miles Davis. I must admit the latter is on the odd side, but I love it. I consider them to be good, relaxing albums, but certainly not everyone's cup of tea.
 
Thank you everyone, going to try them all tonight. :-)
 
We already have 2 threads for music. :smile: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/best-songs-ever-2.718488/