1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for online study partners

1. Jan 4, 2013 #1
    This semester I am enrolled in two independent study courses, one based on Spivak's Calculus and the other on Artin's Algebra. Since I'll be going at them alone (with some help from my supervising instructor), I'd like to see if anyone would like to work through either of them with me. I'm going to be using Spivak's 3rd Ed. text and Artin's 1st Ed. I would like to go through Spivak in order and attempt to do all of the problems. I'm basing my study of Artin on Harvard's Math 122.

Feel free to shoot me a message. A few of us had a group study page on facebook set up so that we may communicate.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2013 #2
    Algebra & Calculus on same time. Seems Horrible! (Kindly give detail 1 Semester = 6 months / 4 months in US)

4. Jan 4, 2013 #3
    I have some experience in rigorous treatments of each (a good chunk of Apostol, for instance)... and I will have taken rigorous Calc 3 by the start of the semester. A lot of Spivak will be review, but I want to work through the problems and his appendices in particular. I confess that Artin will be brutal.

As for time frame... my school is on semester of ~18 weeks. I may start Spivak sooner, though (classes are supposed to start Jan 28).

5. Jan 4, 2013 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook