Lost Gold and Subscriptions: A Confusing Demotion?

• Thread starter Mentz114
  • Start date
In summary, if you have lost your gold, you should retrace your steps, check with friends and family, and report the loss to authorities and your insurance company. To prevent future loss, keep your gold in a secure location and consider insuring it. If your gold is stolen, report it to the police and your insurance company. It is not possible to track lost gold, but having a unique identifier may aid in recovery. If insured, you may be able to get a replacement, but proof of purchase or a unique identifier is necessary.
Mentz114
The little banner has gone. When I check my subscriptions everything is as before.

Have I been demoted :frown: ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Gold Membership 6 months
Jun 9, 2015 to Dec 9, 2015
Whoops. Just added 12 months - and it's back.

Likes mfb and Greg Bernhardt
Indeed! We need someone to fund our staff vacations to Hawaii!

Last edited:
Likes davenn
Drakkith said:
Indeed! We need someone to fund out staff vacations to Hawaii!

hahaha :rolleyes:

:DD Who knows anyway!

Mentz114 said:
it's back

If you lose it again, the first place I'd recommend checking is under a lamp-post o0)

Related to Lost Gold and Subscriptions: A Confusing Demotion?

1. What should I do if I've lost my gold?

If you have lost your gold, the first thing you should do is retrace your steps and check all the places you have been to recently. It is also a good idea to check with any friends or family members you were with, as they may have seen where you last had your gold. If you still cannot find it, you should report the loss to the authorities and your insurance company, if applicable.

2. How can I prevent losing my gold in the future?

To prevent losing your gold in the future, it is important to keep it in a secure location, such as a safe or a locked drawer. If you are carrying your gold with you, make sure to keep it close to your body and avoid leaving it unattended. You can also consider insuring your gold to protect it in case of loss or theft.

3. What should I do if my gold was stolen?

If your gold was stolen, you should report the theft to the police immediately. They will be able to investigate the crime and potentially recover your gold. It is also important to inform your insurance company and provide them with a copy of the police report so that you can file a claim for the stolen gold.

4. Is it possible to track or locate my lost gold?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to track or locate lost gold unless it has a unique identifier, such as a serial number or engraving, that can be traced back to you. If you have this information, you can report it to the authorities and your insurance company to aid in the recovery of your gold.

5. Can I get a replacement for my lost gold?

If you have insured your gold, you may be able to get a replacement from your insurance company after filing a claim. However, if your gold was not insured, it may be difficult to get a replacement unless you have proof of purchase or a record of the gold's unique identifier. It is always best to keep important documents and records related to your gold in a safe place to make the process of replacing lost items easier.