Low volume heard in phone calls, How to raise the volume?

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
Cannot hear others clearly during phone calls on LG Android . Tried changing settings unsuccessfully.
Hi,
I have an LG K8 Android 2018. I am having trouble with the volume in conversations. I tried changing different settings without success. Any suggestions on how to raise the volume level during conversations? Is it a physical issue of wear and tear of the microphone, an issue with settings, etc?
Thanks.

Answers and Replies

mathman
Science Advisor
Sometimes it is a problem of signal strength. There should be an indicator on the phone. Moving around could help.

Wrichik Basu
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
Do you face this problem if you use earphones/headphones (Bluetooth/wired)? If you turn on speaker, is the volume still low? Has this problem started since some time, or was it there when you bought the phone?

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Do you face this problem if you use earphones/headphones (Bluetooth/wired)? If you turn on speaker, is the volume still low? Has this problem started since some time, or was it there when you bought the phone?
Thank you. I tried a while back ; will try again. Sorry if I'm being lazy; thought maybe I was missing something simple. Last I tried using the speaker, I could hear better on my end but was told by those on the other end that they could not hear me.

Wrichik Basu
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
Last I tried using the speaker, I could hear better on my end but was told by those on the other end that they could not hear me.
Okay, I thought it was an issue with both speaker and microphone. If it is only the microphone, then there is no Android setting to change the volume of the mic, as far as I know. Assuming you have a Google account, try this: download the Google Meet app on your phone, and on a separate phone of someone else. Start a meeting, and add the second person. You two should sit in two rooms far away, preferably on two ends of your house, or in different floors. If on the same floor, close the doors. Now try speaking. Can the other person hear you? Can you hear them?

If they can't hear you, is the problem solved if you use headphones/earphones?

If you have Zoom or WhatsApp, even that will work. Don't use the normal voice call system.

Let us know the results.

Suggested for: Low volume heard in phone calls, How to raise the volume?

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies