M.Sc(I.T) isELIGIBILITY FOR DOING M.S?

• Thread starter dayakumar
  • Start date
In summary, the individual has completed their M.Sc in Information Technology and is wondering if they are eligible to pursue an M.S. abroad. They are seeking advice and clarification on whether IT is a field that offers a Ph.D. and if their previous degree would impact their eligibility. They also mention that this discussion should be in the academic guidance forum rather than the career forum.
dayakumar
M.Sc(I.T) isELIGIBILITY FOR DOING M.S?

hey guys
I am new to this forum...i finished my M.Sc(Information Tech) .is there any eligibility that i can do M.S.in abroad? pls pls pls reply to this...eagerly waiting for ur replies...thanks in advance...

Physics news on Phys.org

I don't think Information Technology is a field in which they offer a Ph.D--I'd think it's more akin to something like an MBA, an end program where, mostly through coursework and small class-based projects, you acquire professional skills without having to do any novel research.

What is it that you're looking to do an M.Sc. in? Computer Science? I think it'd largely be based on what your bachelor's degree (B.Sc., or B.A. or whatever) was in.

EDIT: Also, these types of posts belong in the academic guidance forum, not the career one. Maybe a mod could move this?

I don't understand.

So you just got a MS in IT but want to do another MS in another field out of your country?

1. What is the eligibility criteria for doing M.Sc(I.T)?

The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.Sc(I.T) is a Bachelor's degree in any relevant field of study such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or Physics. Some universities may also require a minimum percentage or grade in the undergraduate degree.

2. Can I pursue M.Sc(I.T) if my Bachelor's degree is in a non-technical field?

Yes, you can pursue M.Sc(I.T) even if your Bachelor's degree is in a non-technical field. However, you may be required to take some additional courses to catch up on the technical knowledge required for the program.

3. Is work experience necessary for M.Sc(I.T) eligibility?

No, work experience is not a mandatory requirement for M.Sc(I.T) eligibility. However, some universities may consider work experience as a preference during the selection process.

4. Are there any entrance exams for M.Sc(I.T) admissions?

Yes, some universities may require you to clear an entrance exam for M.Sc(I.T) admissions. These exams may test your knowledge in subjects such as Mathematics, Computer Science, and Logical Reasoning.

5. Can international students apply for M.Sc(I.T) programs?

Yes, international students can apply for M.Sc(I.T) programs in universities that accept international students. However, they may have to meet additional requirements such as English language proficiency tests and visa requirements.