1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is a B.Sc-PCM student eligible to do M.Sc in Neuroscience?

Tags:
  1. Apr 13, 2015 #1

Vinay080

Gold Member

I am a PCM (Physics-Chemistry-Mathematics) B.Sc student. Will I be eligible to study M.Sc in Neuroscience? What is the scope of the subject? What are the best places to study? What are the scholarships I can look for? Which exams should I write?

I want to have practical study of brain, are there other courses (except the one mentioned above) suitable for me?

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2015 #2

Vinay080

Gold Member

@Choppy: Can you help me here please?

4. Apr 13, 2015 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Hi Vinay080,

I'm not an expert in neuroscience although I have done some work with neuroscientists. What I know is that neuroscience is a fairly broad field and so they can take candidates from a number of different disciplines, although the details are likely to vary from program to program and even project to project.

Your first step should be to search out a few institutions that are doing work that you're interested in. Every program should post admission requirements somewhere. There it will be clear which programs require the GRE, for example, and what kind of financial assistance is possible. And then, if you have further specific questions, just email the department.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook