Macbook Pro or Thinkpad T410: Which is Better for an Undergrad Math Major?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kate1729
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
kate1729
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I'm in the market for a new laptop and have narrowed it down to these two. I was wondering if anyone could give some feedback on their experiences with either.
I'm an undergrad math major who plans to go to grad school in statistics. I'll be doing a fair amount of programming and word processing (and some spreadsheets), but I'm not too picky about the graphics - I'll only be doing the basic stuff like playing videos and organizing photos.
Durability is very important - I'd like this computer to last at least 4 or 5 years.

Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If budget is any consideration the choice is obvious: get the Thinkpad.