Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MacGuyver Mastercard Superbowl commercial

1. Feb 5, 2006 #1
    First, MacGuyver uses a pine tree shaped airfreshner to cut the rope binding his hands behind a chair.
    NExt, he takes a tube sock to slide down a metal wire from about 2 stories to the ground.
    Last, he takes a paper clip, ball point pen, rubber band, a few other items and turkey bastor to start a diesel truck.

I am wondering, is it really possible to use an air freshner to cut through any sort of rope that would be used to hold together a man's hands behind a chair apparently against his will?
    Next, it seems unlikely that a tube sock would cause enough friction to slow a man, lets say 185 pounds, down enough to where he does not break his legs after sliding down at about a 50 degree angle two stories up?
    And can you really jump start a diesel engine with a paper clip, ball point pen, ruber band and turkey bastor; all before the building you were in blows up?

The answer is of course: only if you are McGuyver.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2006 #2
    It's MacGyver.

4. Feb 5, 2006 #3
    Where was the duct tape?

5. Feb 5, 2006 #4
    I just watched the commercial at priceless.com, and as a MacGyver fan, I heavily enjoyed it. The only thing that could've made it better is if Richard Dean Anderson still had a mullet (and if he looked 15 years younger).

6. Feb 5, 2006 #5
    the godaddy.com commercial was a lot more interesting.:bugeye:

7. Feb 5, 2006 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Gak. :yuck:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?