Make poll results visible, after voting is no longer possible

• Thread starter gentzen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Voting
In summary, the 2022 PF Member Awards Archive threads are now closed, making it impossible to vote. However, polls where the user did not vote still show "Results are only viewable after voting." A feature request has been made to make the results visible even if voting is no longer possible. The 2022 award ceremony post has been found and the interest in detailed poll results has decreased due to uncertainty around when the thread was closed and how much voting occurred afterwards. A suggestion for mentors to have the ability to close polls without closing the thread has been proposed.
gentzen
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The threads in 2022 PF Member Awards Archive are closed now, so voting is no longer possible. However, all polls where I didn't vote still show "Results are only viewable after voting."

Here is my feature request: if voting on some poll is no longer possible (for whatever reason, but probably thread closure is the only one), then make the results visible, even for users who didn't vote.

Likes BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
Found the 2022 award ceremony post:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/2022-member-award-ceremony.1048712/

So now my interest in the detailed poll results has dropped significantly. Especially because I cannot know when the thread was actually closed, and how much voting went on after the "official" award ceremony, just to be able to see the poll results. Perhaps a better feature would be that mentors can explicitly close polls (without also closing the thread), and then poll results become visible for everybody.

ok try now

Likes Tom.G, BillTre, Wrichik Basu and 1 other person
That was quick, thanks so much :smile:

Likes BillTre and Greg Bernhardt