Make Post # Viewable while replying

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
In summary, users have noticed that when replying to a post using the Quote button or Go Advanced option, the post numbers are not visible, making them difficult to reference. Some users have found workarounds, but they would appreciate a change to this feature.
Saladsamurai
When I reply to a post via the Quote button or the Go Advanced option, I cannot see the post numbers which seems to render them rather useless. Am I missing something here? Or do others have this problem too?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Saladsamurai said:
When I reply to a post via the Quote button or the Go Advanced option, I cannot see the post numbers which seems to render them rather useless. Am I missing something here? Or do others have this problem too?

Thanks!
Yeah, it's really irritating. I have to open the thread in another window if I want to refer to anything.

Yes, I use Evo's trick and would really welcome a change.

Evo said:
Yeah, it's really irritating. I have to open the thread in another window if I want to refer to anything.
PAllen said:
Yes, I use Evo's trick and would really welcome a change.
+1.0

1. What is the purpose of "Make Post # Viewable while replying"?

"Make Post # Viewable while replying" is a feature that allows users to view the original post while writing a reply. This can be helpful for referencing specific points or information in the original post while composing a reply.

2. How do I enable "Make Post # Viewable while replying"?

The process for enabling "Make Post # Viewable while replying" may vary depending on the platform or website you are using. In general, you can usually find this option in the settings or preferences section of the website. Look for a checkbox or toggle button that says "Enable Make Post # Viewable while replying" and make sure it is checked or toggled on.

3. Can I still edit the original post while using "Make Post # Viewable while replying"?

Yes, you can still edit the original post while using this feature. However, the edits will not be visible to you until after you have finished writing your reply and submitted it. This means that if you reference a specific part of the original post in your reply, it will not be affected by any edits made to that portion of the original post during your reply.

4. Is "Make Post # Viewable while replying" available on all websites?

No, "Make Post # Viewable while replying" is not a universal feature and may not be available on all websites or platforms. It is up to the website or platform's developers to implement this feature, so it is best to check the settings or preferences section of the specific website you are using to see if this feature is available.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using "Make Post # Viewable while replying"?

One potential drawback to using this feature is that it may distract or confuse some users who are not used to seeing the original post while writing their reply. Additionally, if the original post is very long, it may take up a significant amount of space on your screen while writing your reply. However, these potential drawbacks may vary depending on personal preference and can be easily addressed by disabling the feature if desired.