Making Buffers with pHs of 4.2, 7.3, 9.7

  • Thread starter Thread starter coryvett06
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Buffer
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
coryvett06
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have a Question that I cannot figure out:

Describe how to make a buffer with pHs of 4.2, 7.3, and 9.7. For each buffer, you will need to choose a different method. For ex., if you make a buffer using a conjugate pair, you cannot reuse this method for the other 2 buffers...

I just don't know where to go w/ it?? I've used pH=pKa + log (base/acid) for the 4.2 buffer and am just stuck...

thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org


I think what they mean is that you have to use different conjugate pairs, buffer by definition contains conjugate pair, so you can't make one without one :wink:

Please don't reuse old therads to ask new questions.