Malevolent moose attack in Moholt

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, a 76-year old woman in Moholt, Trøndelag was stalked by a moose as she was heading home with her grocery bag. The driver in a car had a bad feeling and attempted to stop the moose by inching the car forward, but the moose just proceeded across the road and continued its pursuit of the woman. The moose then slammed its forelegs into the woman, causing her to fall to the ground. Miraculously, the woman was not badly hurt, but the moose left the scene of the crime and is now presumed to be dead.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Malevolent moose attack in Moholt!

Earlier this evening, a 76-year old woman in Moholt, Trøndelag was stalked by a moose as she was heading home with her grocery bag.

It turned up just behind her as she was crossing a road.
The driver in a car had a bad feeling, when the moose began to follow her determinedly, it seemed, across the road. So, he tried to stop him by inching the car forward, bu the moose just proceeded across the road, continuing its pursuit of the woman. Then, to the shock of the car driver, the moose speeded up, closing in on the hapless woman.
It then raised itself on its hind legs and slammed his forelegs into her.
the driver says she just fell like a "potato sack", her groceries spilling out.

Miraculously, the woman was not badly hurt.

And the moose?

It calmly left the scene of the crime, and began to munch some nice shrubbery at the roadside.

This video shows the cool criminal munching his twigs of victory:
http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/trondheim/article1575727.ece

Physics news on Phys.org

That moose with it's legs up in the air looks dead to me. :cry:

Yes, he has munched his last twig and kicked his last spinster lady.
No mercy for moose like him here in Norway..:devil:

Evo said:
That moose with it's legs up in the air looks dead to me. :cry:
Let turbo know. He might want to skin it. :devil:

arildno said:
Yes, he has munched his last twig and kicked his last spinster lady.
No mercy for moose like him here in Norway..:devil:
You tricked me into looking! I thought it was going to be a happy moose scene.

Why care so much about Morrie, the Morose Moose, Evo?
He was a wicked beast, and good riddance to him! :approve:

Everyone is invited to a Moose BBQ at arildno's house!

Evo, please bring some Moose sauce.

He was already baptized as Anton, rather than Morrie. Sorry about that.

He is now officially:
Anton, the antiquated moose..:devil:

arildno said:
He was already baptized as Anton, rather than Morrie. Sorry about that.

He is now officially:
Anton, the antiquated moose..:devil:
:frown:

She must have done something in the past to anger him.

Is the albino moose still alive?

Evo said:
She must have done something in the past to anger him.
Perhaps stepping on his droppings?
Is the albino moose still alive?

I think Anton kicked him to death last year. Albin was a nice moose.

arildno said:
I think Anton kicked him to death last year. Albin was a nice moose.

Qi

arildno said:
Earlier this evening, a 76-year old woman in Moholt, Trøndelag was stalked by a moose as she was heading home with her grocery bag.

It turned up just behind her as she was crossing a road.
The driver in a car had a bad feeling, when the moose began to follow her determinedly, it seemed, across the road. So, he tried to stop him by inching the car forward, bu the moose just proceeded across the road, continuing its pursuit of the woman. Then, to the shock of the car driver, the moose speeded up, closing in on the hapless woman.
It then raised itself on its hind legs and slammed his forelegs into her.
the driver says she just fell like a "potato sack", her groceries spilling out.

Miraculously, the woman was not badly hurt.

And the moose?

It calmly left the scene of the crime, and began to munch some nice shrubbery at the roadside.

This video shows the cool criminal munching his twigs of victory:
http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/trondheim/article1575727.ece

Google Chrome said:
The moose should have attacked a woman in her 80's.

For machine translations, this is actually pretty close, if it sends off a bad connotation.

The literal translation "should have attacked"-formulation (in Norwegian "skal ha angrepet") should be relaced by something like "reportedly have attacked".

As for the journalist rooting for Anton and his thuggery, he is well known for arranging Animal Self Defense Courses.

Why must these articles make it sound so funny? Poor elderly woman.

DBTS said:
Why must these articles make it sound so funny? Poor elderly woman.

I made it sound funny because the woman was able to go by herself after the attack, and explicitly stated that she didn't feel much hurt (that is referred to in Norwegian in the video).
I wouldn't have created the thread at all if the woman had received serious injury.

It is such a surreal episode.

Not the least because
a) moose is, normally, an extremely shy animal.
b) It could easily have killed her, if it wanted to.

Moose psychology, however, is however a severely underfunded research area, so I won't speculate about Anton's motives behind his dastardly attack..

Last edited:

1. What is a malevolent moose attack?

A malevolent moose attack refers to an aggressive and intentional attack by a moose on a human or other animal. It is a rare but serious occurrence that can result in injuries or even death.

2. Where is Moholt and why are there moose attacks there?

Moholt is a neighborhood in Trondheim, Norway. Moose attacks in this area are more common due to the proximity of humans to the natural habitats of moose. Additionally, the presence of food sources, such as gardens or trash, can attract moose to residential areas.

3. Are malevolent moose attacks becoming more common?

No, malevolent moose attacks are not becoming more common. While there may be occasional surges in attacks in a certain area, overall moose attacks on humans are rare. It is important to remember that moose are wild animals and should be treated with caution and respect.

4. How can I protect myself from a malevolent moose attack?

If you are in an area known to have moose, it is important to be aware of your surroundings and avoid getting too close to moose. If you encounter a moose, remain calm, speak softly, and slowly back away. Do not make direct eye contact or turn your back on the moose. If a moose charges, find shelter behind a tree or other large object.

5. What should I do if I am attacked by a malevolent moose?

If you are attacked by a moose, the best course of action is to play dead. Curl into a ball, protect your head and neck, and remain still until the moose moves away. Once the moose is gone, seek medical attention for any injuries. It is also important to report the attack to local authorities.