MAT224 or MAT244: Which is Easier for U of T Students?

  • Topic: Courses 
  • Thread starter Thread starter luf-joey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Course
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 5K views
luf-joey
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am student from u of t.
I want to ask MAT224 or MAT244 is easier?
Btw, I have already taken MAT223, but not good though.
Thanks a lot!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
MAT244 or MAT247? MAT244 doesn't even contain the same material as MAT224. Anyway, MAT247 is a much better "math course", it's for the math specialists.
 
But what if i have taken MAT223, is it similar to MAT224?
Is MAT244 hard?
thanks!
 
As wisvuze already mentioned, it's hard to compare the two courses since they contain different materials: MAT224 is linear algebra, while MAT244 is an ODE course.

In any case, I would guess that you need to put in some work for MAT224 if you struggled in MAT223, since it's a continuation of the latter. As for MAT244, you need to be comfortable with the things you learned in your first-year calculus course (derivatives, integrals, sequences and series etc.). Also, it helps if you study ahead and learn a bit of multivariate calculus.