Matching objects to size scales in powers of 10

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alkatran
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Match
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Messages
959
Reaction score
0
I need help with a very simple problem. Here it is:

8. [2pt] Match the object with the size scale.
(E.g., if the first corresponds to B, and the others to C, enter BCCCCC)
1) Thickness of a window pane.
2) Diameter of a twig.
3) Diameter of a proton.
4) Diameter of a hair.
5) Size of an oil molecule
6) Size of a robin.

A. 1e-1 m (decimeter)
B. 1e-9 m
C. 1e-2 m (centimeter)
D. 1e-15 m
E. 1e-4 m (tenth of a millimeter)
F. 1e-3 m (millimeter)

Note that you can put in N, meaning "none of the above"


Now, what I have so far is:
CFDBBA (incorrect)

I have 20 tries on an automated system for this, but I wasted 10 when I thought you could only put a letter once, and 9 more thinking there were no Ns. Any help?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
4 is definitely E (not B) : hair is usually 50 to 100 microns in diameter.

I'd try CFDEBA and if that fails, CCDEBA (you can have thick twigs)
 
Windowpane, proton and molecule are correct.

a twig could be either cm or mm, I think that one is unfair, but you get to try both.
 
Chi Meson said:
Windowpane, proton and molecule are correct.

a twig could be either cm or mm, I think that one is unfair, but you get to try both.

I have one try left.
Make that 0 tries left.