Mathematical methods for physics.

In summary, the conversation is a request for links to video lectures on mathematical methods for physics, particularly on topics such as Taylor series, calculus of single and multiple variables, and partial derivatives. The speaker has already found one lecture on Taylor series and is grateful to the professor. They also mention that they believe this is the appropriate section to make their request and provide a link to MIT's courseware website, which includes courses on single and multivariable calculus.
sphyics
hi,
please do a favour by posting the links of video lectures on mathematical methods for physics, i got one elegant lecture on taylor series (indeed grateful to the professor :) ) frm here http://www.academicearth.org/lectures/the-taylor-series-and-other-mathematical-concepts.

i m in search for more videos covering Calculus of single and multiple variables, partial derivatives, Jacobian, imperfect and per*fect differentials etc.

N.B : with due respect to all moderates here, i think its the right section to put my need here, or incase of failure,as repercussion mods please move it to the right section :)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/courses/av/index.htm#Mathematics

This contains some single variable calculus, whole course in multivariable calculus, and much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks mbiscool for ur valuable contribution, i m looking at mit courseware now :)

What is the purpose of using mathematical methods in physics?

The purpose of using mathematical methods in physics is to describe and analyze physical phenomena in a precise and quantitative manner. By using mathematical equations and models, physicists are able to make predictions and understand the underlying principles of the natural world.

What are some common mathematical methods used in physics?

Some common mathematical methods used in physics include calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, and Fourier analysis. These methods are used to solve problems involving motion, energy, forces, and other physical quantities.

How do mathematical methods help in solving complex physics problems?

Mathematical methods provide a systematic approach to solving complex physics problems. By breaking down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts and applying mathematical concepts, physicists can find solutions and gain a deeper understanding of the physical phenomena involved.

What is the role of mathematical models in physics?

Mathematical models are essential tools in physics, as they allow physicists to represent real-world systems and make predictions about their behavior. These models often involve simplifications and assumptions, but they can still provide valuable insights and help in understanding complex physical phenomena.

Can anyone use mathematical methods for physics, or is it only for experts?

While a strong foundation in mathematics is necessary to understand and apply mathematical methods in physics, anyone can learn and use these methods with the right knowledge and practice. It is often used by scientists and researchers, but it can also be applied by students and enthusiasts to explore and understand the principles of physics.