1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematical notes on the web - a sticky in each forum?

1. Aug 7, 2007 #1

matt grime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It seems that quite frequently mathwonk, or myself, will post a reply to a question which says 'Here is something I/a colleague/some mathematician I know wrote that contains an answer to your question (and much else besides).'

How about we create a sticky at the top of each subforum with links to _respectable_ websites with information that is often cited, or frequently used.

NB - moderators, I'm suggesting a referral system of moderation, like arxiv, rather than an active moderation - that is people are allowed to post to it, without restriction, and dodgy links should be erased upon report.

I realize that there are, in other subforums, links to online tutorials, and book reports etc, but I never look at these, and surely the information about linear algebra should be in the linear algebra subforum where people first look for help.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2007 #2

Gib Z

Homework Helper

For many people finding notes on the internet is quite easy, but they would rather have the peace of mind knowing that if they don't have a clue about the notes, they can ask a human being. Its all psychological, but still. Either way, I like the idea.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?