Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematical notes on the web - a sticky in each forum?

1. Aug 7, 2007 #1

matt grime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It seems that quite frequently mathwonk, or myself, will post a reply to a question which says 'Here is something I/a colleague/some mathematician I know wrote that contains an answer to your question (and much else besides).'

How about we create a sticky at the top of each subforum with links to _respectable_ websites with information that is often cited, or frequently used.

NB - moderators, I'm suggesting a referral system of moderation, like arxiv, rather than an active moderation - that is people are allowed to post to it, without restriction, and dodgy links should be erased upon report.

I realize that there are, in other subforums, links to online tutorials, and book reports etc, but I never look at these, and surely the information about linear algebra should be in the linear algebra subforum where people first look for help.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2007 #2

Gib Z

Homework Helper

For many people finding notes on the internet is quite easy, but they would rather have the peace of mind knowing that if they don't have a clue about the notes, they can ask a human being. Its all psychological, but still. Either way, I like the idea.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?